Friday, April 27, 2012

The Sheepman of Waterford Pennsylvania


We have all heard of Werewolves, but what of Weresheep?

Imagining the creature brings one to think of the Greco-Roman god Pan or a faun type of being. For thousands of years these half man half animal creatures have littered our cultural legends and myths. But what if they really existed?

Last year while attending a horror movie convention I came across a gentleman who had an unusual story from his childhood. In the rural town of Waterford Pennsylvania there was a legend of a creature that was half man and half sheep or goat that used to roam the local farm fields during the 1970s. it was quite a tale, and being a local resident myself I was surprised that I had not heard of it.

I did a little research and found many local residents who remembered the legend.

I even found some bonafide witnesses to the Sheepman during his reign of terror in the 70s.

In a medley of blood, gore, fear, childhood paranoia and possible bestiality; I bring you the legend of the Waterford Sheepman.

No comments: